Owners Tom & Deborah
Pro Soccer Kids’ co-creators, partners, and parents Deborah and Coach Tom celebrate 12 years of business collaboration and 16 years of love and soccer. The couple actually met during the 2002 World Cup!
Tom has a lifetime of experience playing, and 24 years coaching soccer all over the world including Ireland, England, and Australia and the US. Deborah has a passion for soccer and small business start ups. They both love working with kids.
Coach Tom taught soccer to players ranging from toddlers to travel teams in Manhattan. When the couple married, and moved from Manhattan to Long Beach New York, they saw there was no toddler soccer in the area, so Tom and Deb volunteered to coach it.
They had about 40 kids at the first location in Point Lookout, New York. Word spread quickly about their abilities to teach real soccer skills to kids as young as 2.
The couple both had other jobs at the time, but after a year, Pro Soccer Kids grew so enormously it became a full time career. They teamed up with Deborah’s brother Joe, who helped set up ProSoccerKids.com, and its data management program, allowing the couple much more time to focus on soccer instead of all the paperwork.
What began as a few classes with 40 kids has exploded to over 300 class choices. More than 25,000 families have joined the program! To all PSK members both past and present: Thank you for being a part of the PSK soccer family!
- Fully Qualified and Licensed under UEFA and United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
- “A” License through the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).
- Trained several ODP players
- Certified in Infant and Child First Aid and CPR.
- Coached at Notre Dame Girls High School and was integral in forming their first Club Soccer team.
- Coached many local youth teams including Manhattan Soccer Club, Oceanside United, & Garden City Park.
- Created Pro Soccer Kids (PSK) Champions League intramural soccer games for PSK players age 4, 5 and 6
- Formed Seside Soccer Club 2010